Essential oils are a treasure which nature provides to us that has some amazing properties that benefit at a physical, mental and sensory level. Using them properly help us to treat minor health problems and to restore the lost balance in an effective and pleasant way, either through massage, inhalation or other techniques.
It’s not enough to know which are the properties of each essential oil, to use them safely and effectively, we should go further and have a wider knowledge of what essential oils and aromatherapy are. In this course you will learn how to use them, how to mix, what the most important oils are, when it is better to use one or the other, mode of application, what techniques can be used … and you will do it in a practical way, making mixtures, smelling, preparing remedies with different bases for different situations … experiencing the benefits of oils and getting in touch with each them.
* For the complete curriculum click here.
- Brief History of Aromatherapy.
- Primary schools: French and Anglo-Saxon.
- Essential Oils: properties, characteristics, composition.
- Basic chemistry of essential oils.
- Precautions and contraindications when working with essential oils.
- Vegetable oils: Properties, characteristics, types. Differences with essential oils.
- Using essential oils depending on the purpose or the treatment.
- Mixtures: dosage and proportion.
- Aromatherapy for different body systems: digestive, respiratory, musculoskeletal, circulatory.
- Aromatherapy cosmetics.
- Formulation and preparation of mixtures.
Further information on the course of Aromatherapy:
- Requirements: Be of age, otherwise permission of legal guardians. No prior knowledge or experience is required.
- Duration: This course has a workload of 40 hours of theory – practice.
- Qualification: after passing the theoretical – practical tests, the student will be awarded with a training diploma, which will allow him/her to access to a job in spas, resorts, cruises, wellness centers or become self-employed, obtaining insurance civil and professional responsibility.
- Dress Code: Any comfortable clothing, preferably short comfortable pants and long shirts that cover the body properly.
All courses are held from 09.00 – 17.00 hours Monday to Friday (consult for weekend’s timetables) with a 1 hour lunch break and a short 15 minutes break in the afternoon.
The course includes:
- Information dossier
- Theory and Practice
- All products / equipment needed for the course.
- Tea, coffee and water
- Practical and theoretical examination
- Diploma as issued by Odayaka Spa School
- Uniforms (long pants and shirt)
- For foreign students and / or displaced:
- Airport Service pickup
- Visa processing advisory.
If you want more information, click here and send your questions. We will be happy to help.